A note from founders desk
I am not saying coding is bad, I and my partners have been coding for over 3 decades now, but coding is challenging, sometimes requiring extensive amount of time to perfect. The influx of numerous programming languages and its applications contribute to the mounting confusion and complexity making it a high risk, cost prohibitive experience for businesses to adopt latest of the technology and business models.
Connecting these two is the new age no-code or low-code visual programming approach - a concept embraced and mastered by AppPoint to create, deploy, manage and subsequently refine software to manage businesses. All of these folding into the idea of empowering a new class of developers leading to rapid and agile development - constantly refining the apps to keep them aligned with business need. Typically, these developers are front line users of the apps being built, who are either functional experts or owners responsible for the outcome of those functions. In most cases these users neither have the time nor the skills to develop software, but have a clear vision of their business need, how to manage it as well as how/what to improve with it.
Visual programming is no magic and there definitely is nothing artificiality about it, it is just a matter of higher level of abstraction leveraging prebuilt and highly optimized & standards based software implementation to rapidly compose complex and comprehensive business application with ease.
Below is a quick comparison of what the traditional software development lifecycle looks like as compared to the visual approach enabled by technology vendors such as AppPoint which I founded 14 years ago with the sole purpose to simplify how complex business management solutions are built and launched -
Some of the obvious drawbacks of traditional approach of developing applications include -
- Dependency on highly skilled resources,
- Prolonged implementation time resulting in higher cost & risk levels
- Unpredictable quality,
- Minimal reuse,
- Tighter binding between applications and technology implementations
As opposed, AppPoint's approach enables application developers to focus on defining and validating functional aspects of their applications allowing the platform to manage the intricacies of translating the model into running applications. Quite obviously, benefits being -
Now that we know the benefits, frequent question which pops up in our customer discussions is - what kind of application can I really build with AppPoint?
With over a decade of experience in adopting AppPoint's platform and approach to address real world problems I could easily categorize them as -
- Process intensive applications which require highly configurable workflows such as loan application processing, employee onboarding, etc. with key capabilities being role/responsibility/authority based controls / workflow, comprehensive policy or business rule enforcement, rich reporting, etc.
- Integration centric applications, involving multiple applications and functions such as lead-to-cash, bid-to-bill, irrespective of the technology of participating solutions or their deployment configurations etc.
- Document centric applications such as contract management, with capabilities such as review/approval flows, digital signing, etc.
- Reporting and analytical applications such as budget and spend management, treasury management, etc.
- Applications requiring extensive collaboration among users with capabilities such as mobility – such as corporate portals, knowledge management systems, etc.
- Rules and policy centric applications requiring continuous refinement such as those governed by regulatory bodies such as clinical trials platform, audit and compliancy management, etc.
- Globalized applications requiring high level of scalability – such as B2C SaaS solutions addressing a global market or a RMA portal
Imagine if -
- You are a high growth company looking to digitize or automate your manual processes,
- You were tasked with building a unified platform for your organization to empower your user community with instant access to information from diverse source to - improve decision making, enable enterprise wide reporting, enhance automation, ensure compliancy to GDPR, HIPPA, CLIA, FDA, etc.
- You are the functional head responsible to develop and launch a new highly scalable cloud and mobile ready business solutions for your global user base or
- Your business is looking at diversifying its portfolio through technology enabled differentiation and productization of your existing capability, such as offering business process as a service or BPaaS (e.g. recruitment as a service, support desk as a service, claims/invoice processing as a service, etc.)
- You are an entrepreneur looking at transforming your idea you have into a highly scalable B2B or B2C SaaS (multi-cloud, Multi-Tenant, globalised) mobile ready enterprise class business solutions
These are the kind of demanding business needs and strategic initiatives repeatedly addressed in a time, cost and risk sensitive manner with AppPoint's platform and approach. Further, With the release of AppPoint 2020, AppPoint along with its knowledge partners and strategic customers is broadening its platform to further enrich the applications with capabilities such as robotic process automation, blockchain awareness, business process testing, enhanced document workflows, etc. Join our early adoption program and let us further our innovation together.